Registration at the Expat Welcome Center
Expat Center East Netherlands has a Welcome Center at the “Stadskantoor” of Enschede.
Here we assist the newly arrived expat with all the formalities that have to be taken care of. We coordinate the appointments and host this service together with the Immigration Service (IND) and municipality of Enschede. This way we make your arrival as smooth as possible.
You don’t have to travel between the offices of the different immigration authorities. You can collect the residence pass from the employee of the Immigration Service (IND), register in the “Basisregistratie Persoonsgegevens (national personal registration) and obtain the social security number (Burger Service Nummer) all in one appointment and in one location, our Welcome Center.
An employee of the Expat Center East Netherlands is present to provide comprehensive information and assist during the appointment in the Welcome Center. You can ask us any question you might have, and can register to our newsletter so we keep you updated and send invitations for our events, social as well as informative.
Every Monday from 10.00 – 16.00 (alternative days are offered on Bank Holidays)
Every Wednesday from 10.00-12.30, (only for taking biometrics and issueing residence permit, not for registration.)
Address: Stadskantoor (Municipality Hall), Hengelosestraat 51, Enschede
The Stadskantoor is situated next to and within walking distance of the train station of Enschede (Enschede Centraal Station). Car park is behind the train station, (follow the signs “P- Stationsplein”) or alongside the roads. Please note that parking is not free of charge in the town center of Enschede.
Make an appointment
All mentioned services are by appointment only. Make this appointment by email.
Please make an appointment with the Expat Center East Netherlands to arrange your formalities or make changes to existing appointments. Make this appointment by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), stating
- your name,
date of birth,
number of people in your party.
An appointment for an all-inclusive visit:
- Registering at the municipality (will also be arranged in Enschede for Hengelo, Oldenzaal, Almelo, Borne and Hof van Twente )
- Obtaining the BSN . When you will reside in Enschede, you will receive the BSN during the appointment, for the other mentioned municipalities it will be send by mail within a few working days
- Collecting the residence permit or taking fingerprints and photo (biometrics)
- Introduction meeting with an Expat Center East Netherlands staff member where practical information is given about living and working in the Netherlands.
An appointment is also required for:
- Obtaining an endorsement sticker (VA sticker)
- Only collecting your new residence permit in case of extension, renewal or change of your purpose of stay
- Only taking biometrics (fingerprints and photo)
A fee is charged for:
- All-inclusive appointment: € 95,00 for non-corporate partners and € 70,00 for our corporate partners
- Only collection of a residence pass € 40,00 for non-corporate partners and € 30,00 for corporate partners
- Only collection of a residence pass € 30,00 for Orientation Year Visa.
- Taking biometrics and obtaining VA sticker € 40,00 for non-corporate partners and € 30,00 for corporate partner
All amounts are excluding VAT (BTW) and subject to change.
You can arrange payment during the appointment by pin / debit card or an invoice will be send afterwards to your employer or relocation agent. Orientation Year visa migrants always pay the fee upon collection by pin / debit card.
Please note that these services are specifically meant for non-EU highly skilled migrants, scientific researchers, migrants with an orientation year permit and migrants with a start-up permit and their families.
For more information and for making the appointment; please contact the Expat Center East Netherlands by email email@example.com.